Friday 13 Dec 2019
Employer: Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand
Location: Melbourne (at any Good Money store location)
Work type: Full-time, casual
Application closing date: 5:00PM 24-Jan-2020
Financial Counsellor - Locum - Good Shepherd ANZ, Melbourne
About Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand (GSANZ)
The Good Shepherd network works to create just and equal communities where women and girls can live full, safe lives. We have been committed to our mission
for nearly 200 years, working strongly for social change. Wherever we are, we strive to team up with people who share our mission, vision and passion
for social justice because the need is still great. Women and girls are at the centre of GSANZ’s work and mission, with areas of expertise including:
safety and resilience, educational pathways and financial security.
About the role
This role will provide intensive support and in-depth phone and/or face to face assessment of a person’s financial situation, short term case work, advocacy
and the identification of options to address financial concerns. Financial counsellors may undertake a triage process, prioritising and referring clients
to other sources of support and assistance as necessary and can provide consultation to other services, and are responsible to maintain timely and
accurate file records. The postholder will be expected to maintain effective networks and partnerships.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A qualification in the Diploma of Financial Counselling, with current membership of the Financial & Consumer Rights Council or equivalent peak
- To provide telephone-based and face to face financial counselling, information, individual advocacy and referral for customers.
- To assist customers, from diverse backgrounds and / or with complex needs, to make informed decisions on the best course of action to resolve their
- To develop relationships with and utilise local networks to provide information and make customer referrals to other support services
- To assist the broader financial counselling team and stakeholders with financial counselling consultation and work with others to support best client
- To actively participate in supervision processes
- To comply with all existing policies and procedures in relation to service delivery, including Financial Counselling Australia standards.
- To support and enact quality processes within the organisation.
- A satisfactory Police Check
- A current Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
For other desired skills, experience and characteristics, please review the position description.
To find out more about the role and the work of Good Shepherd please explore our website: www.goodshepherd.com.au.
To apply please download and review the below position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along
with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be
used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.
We recognise the rich diversity of people across Australia. We are committed to ensuring that our team is reflective of the diverse community we serve
and to supporting a culture of equity, inclusion and diversity.
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory referee checks, a current employment working with Children
Check, National Criminal History check and proof of the right to work in Australia.
Full position description
Click here to download a copy of the position description
For further information
Please direct enquiries to Kimberley Sommerville on 03 9270 9700